Thursday 2 January 2014

2014 - stronger, fitter, faster

So it's that time for resolutions. Except this isn't a resolution, this is a plan, this is a change, this is not allowing EDS hypermobility (check out http://www.ehlers-danlos.org for info) stop me from being who I want to be. 

The plan has been forming since last year - I was out of action for most of last year thanks to a shoulder injury but now is the time to get serious about getting fit.

Yes I want to shift a few pounds, oh ok stones, but that's not really the aim. The aim is to be as fit and healthy as I can possibly be. I know the fitter and stronger I am the better my symptoms are so it makes sense right? 

So fitness wise, I WILL do the Spartan Sprint in September. I am starting Insanity on Monday as a kick start to the training, by the way I am terrified! 

Diet, no I am not on a diet, this isn't something that I will do until I'm a size 8, this is for the rest of my life. It is not about denying myself it is about giving my body the right fuel it needs to do its job. If, on occasion that fuel needs to be chocolate, so be it! I will continue to use myfitnesspal.com to track everything and use the amazing support that is on there. 

I'll be blogging my training, the highs and the lows, to raise awareness of EDS which can be so debilitating but I'll try my best not to moan when I can't train because something has popped out! I am happy to say I'll still pop onto #wobblesWednesday too.  

So wish me luck, I have a feeling I will need it! 

2 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to reading your progress, thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You moan away, if you need to......then I can kick your butt too! haha (just kidding, honest).
    See you on MFP lovely xx

    ReplyDelete