Thursday 17 January 2013

Making me happier - Get Fit Get Epic

My big New Year resolution is to do more for me, not in a selfish kind of way but in a I'm not just here for everyone else kind of way.

Part of that I want to get fit and lose weight. Yes I know so does everyone, especially at this time of year. But I have Hypermobility Syndrome which causes issues with all of my joints, I dislocate easily and can, on occasion, have problems getting up, walking etc. I am in pain everyday but it's manageable and no point in moaning. Being overweight and inactive makes is worse, so it is just common sense, right? So, why is it so blooming difficult? Thankfully I am using MyFitnessPal which is a free online community that lets you log food and exercise and make some pretty awesome friends along the way. Taking it one day and 1lb at a time.

I have always been on the chubby side, even when I competed in gymnastics I was not what you would call slender! 

So I will, as much as possible, walk 10,000 steps a day, I will make healthy choices (this is not to say I will not eat chocolate, I will) and I will drink lots of water. I also want to train as a Mokyfit instructor but want to have shifted a stone before I do this!

Not only do I want to get fit and healthy (and in the process look a bit nicer in clothes) I want to set a good example to my daughter.

Now take a deep breath, here are the before pictures, I plan to update monthly and hope I shall be looking a bit more trim next time!
 11060647_994011060647_1547
 
I am writing this blog not just to make me accountable to the big wide world but this is my entry for the ‘Get Fit Feel Epic’ competition hosted by Kate on Thin Ice and I would very much like to win the goodies on offer. 
 
Oh and I will try and get better at blogging too!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tamsin

    Great post.

    Just to let you know that for this entry to be valid you need to include a do follow link to the Money Supermarket website page on the Get Fit Feel Epic campaign. The competition closes on 8th February when a winner will be chosen.

    Sorry to be a pain.

    ReplyDelete